Cullen to earn an Inter campaign

    0
    BLAZIN N CULLEN - Photo NSWHRC

    A TRIP across the Nullarbor for the Inter Dominion hangs in the balance for New South Wales pacer Blazin N Cullen.

    Not only is the John McCarthy-trained gelding awkwardly placed on the cusp of the series cut-off, he has to impress the astute horseman before a Western Australian campaign is confirmed.

    As of last week’s first round of rankings, Blazin N Cullen was sitting at 29, with only the top 30 to make their way into the time honoured Championship.

    Second rankings are due on Monday, October 3, with the first acceptance payment due on Friday, October 7 by 4pm (WA time), with payment to RWWA.

    Outside of the ranking concern, McCarthy stated the son of Christian Cullen simply has to hit winning form to warrant the travel.

    “I’ve been happy with his last two runs which have been solid, but he has to get a couple of wins on the board soon,” McCarthy said.

    “At this stage he is only 50-50 chance of going to Perth for the Inter. It’ll depend on whether he can get some wins on the board first.”

    Blazin N Cullen will be given the opportunity to return to the winners’ circle at Tabcorp Park Menangle on Saturday night.

    Engaged in the Paul Fitzpatrick Cup, the seven-year-old will begin from barrier five in what is an even assembly.

    “Like I said, his last couple of runs have been solid and he’s been training well,” McCarthy said. “He certainly gets his chance this weekend.”

    To be run under the traditional format, Inter Dominion heats are scheduled to begin at Gloucester Park on November 25 before heading to Bunbury on the 29th and returning to town on December 9.

    The $1.1million Final will be held on December 9 at Gloucester Park.

    • PAUL COURTS

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here